5/26/10

Pleasantly Pink Baby Shower

I was lucky enough to do a baby shower with my good friend Dacia for another friend who is having her first girl after two boys. Of course we did all things pink in her honor.

This centerpiece I saw at the Party Dress which I fell in love with right away. We so tried to get an Edwardian umbrella like the one in the picture but they are super expensive from US sites and then ran into problems trying to get one here from the UK. Next time I'll have one.


The food was SO yummy!
These are stuffed strawberries which I found at Kraft, they were so good!


I found a really good recipe for a Caesar Club sandwich from the Barefoot Contessa at the Foodnet Work site. The original plan was to put the sandwiches in Glassine bags with a cute label but the bags ended up being to small. So now I have two dozen bags with tags and I'm not sure what to do with them, oh well I'll come up with something. (please excuse my misspelling)

We made these paper cones which were inspired from The Hostess With The Mostess, we filled them with candy popcorn.


I found these molds at Michaels and wanted to use them to see how they'd work out. We filled them with raspberry mousse and they were a big hit.

It's not a party if you don't have cupcakes.

We served chips and dips. The dips we put in the little party cups and the chips in Glassine bags.

We hung the tissue poms and paper lanterns from dowels that I painted white and stuck them in vases on a bed of rose petals.

sparkling pink lemonade

and the favors were mini cupcakes in a super cute milk carton container.

I LOVE to do a party and had so much fun doing this one with Dacia. If you want to see an AMAZING shower she did for her sister you need to check out her pictures here. WOW is all I can say.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails